miércoles, 20 de agosto de 2014

Life Thoughts: Panic Attacks and Depression

Hello Everyone, I decided to create a new series of posts called Life Thoughts, where I share experiences and thoughts about a topic. In this case its about two, Panic Attacks and Depression. And I hope this isn't going to be a super long post, but it is important to me.

 I guess I should start from the begging of this life journey dealing this two symptoms. I remember my first panic attack, I was 16 years old and it was in school, in fact I already started blogging by that time. I know exactly what sparked that panic attack, probably my social anxiety levels at that time. I surrounded my self with  the wrong people, that wouldn't care if I was dead or alive. It really got to me, I felt completely alone, even at home I would get really upset. But I didn't know what was going on , months past and I just kept having panic attacks, they would get worst as time past, it was awful. It wasn't until I turned 17 and asked for help. I went trough a lot of problems (emotionally) and physically , because of my problems I wasn't the nicest person to be around with I stated pushing people away, which caused me more anxiety, it was a vicious cycle that lead no where. In April 2012 I had an argument with a  friend at the time. I had a massive panic attack, then the school counselor recommended me to take a break (and I did). It was finals month so I had to go to school, while I was going to school I went to an emergency psychologist. She was nice, she recommended me a rehab center, which I would go when school ended. At first I was really scared and sad. I ended going to rehab for an amount of time, at first I felt awful, but the more the days past the better I felt. The doctor's diagnosis was depression with suicidal thoughts and anorexia ( I don't feel comfortable taking about that yet, but in the future who knows?) I got help to heal, I was so messed up and depressed at the time, I cringe whenever I think of that. Depression was a lonely bumpy ride, where I would have constant mood swings and massive panic attacks anywhere. When I was released I was a completely different person. I felt so much better, it wasn't easy it took me about a year to be myself again. At the end I thank god for helping me get trough depression. Its been two years out of rehab and I can say without a doubt that I'm fully recovered, and I don't remember my last panic attack.I love my rehab experience because it saved me from a path that was leading somewhere dangerous.

If your dealing with something similar, get help. Its a bit scary at first but you will fell better, I promise. Tell someone how your feeling, your mental help is more important that an argument, school, other people or anything else. I should know, I've been there and it was not healthy.

I hope you enjoyed this post  
Till next time :)    

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario